fran4383

DVR Card Recommendation

OK, so, I'm looking for a DVR card and my needs are all 100% about the remote viewing capabilities over LAN. The actual tower with the card will be in a back room never to be seen or heard from again, and the viewers will be in multiple locations throughout the LAN. I'm looking for 16 channels; the cameras will be inside and outside, but I think I'm OK on my camera selection. I would like 480/480 fps, but would settle for 240.

I should also mention that I bought the highest end Digiflower (actually, was a PC based system and I didn't know what I was buying) 480/480 last year, and I couldn't be more disappointed. The picture quality was absolutely terrible, the remote viewing was so sketchy, the frame rate over LAN was horrible (and no, it was not a LAN issue). It was everything I absolutely did not want - what a mess.

I also should mention that the only other purchase I made was an Openeye pc-based system (Windows Embedded, they won't tell me what capture card it uses), and that system is da bomb stuff - EXACTLY WHAT I WANT! All 16 cameras feeding a great picture at great framerates over LAN (btw, when I say framerate over LAN, I mean that some systems I've tested will drop the framerate for remote view to lower than what it's recording, so I don't mean fps here). Also, Openeye has this software called Radius that will automatically connect to multiple Openeye boxes on my LAN, so if I wanted to expand and add another box, my users (who are not tech savvy) will not have to connect to one dvr at a time. You may ask why I'm posting if I'm already totally happy with Openey.. easy answer: $$$$$. Their boxes are very expensive. I will continue to use them at one of my locations, but would like a more economical solution. I paid $4500 for a 16 channel 120fps box. I'm not trying to get by on a shoestring budget, but I would prefer to get more fps and spend probably no more than $2500 for 16 channels.

Any recommendations?????

$4500 for a 16 channel 120fps box? It's really very expensive.

I suggest you buy the Standalone DVR from China,it will be about $xxxx for a 16channels 480fps H.264 CIF box. such as HK-S1016F.

For the full D1 picture, 4CIF 704x576/704x480 400/480 fps ,H.264,it's about 2500USD,such as DS-8016HFI-S.

You can get it easy from China. For the manufacture,you can google it from website,I cannot post link yet.

That website is correct, however they do not list their X and XR series; for some reason they let their resellers do all that marketing. They only show their E series which is Linux embedded. This is a new product for them; their X and XR are both Windows embedded and their staple products. Their linux E series is their new budget product, just came out. I've tried the E series, and it works well, but they only get up to 120 fps, and I can't install other apps (such as VNC type apps) because of Linux. Anyway... I'll take a look at that standalone Kingwood, but I'm guessing it's linux embedded as well. Any ideas for a good PC based system (ie, the dvr card is what I'm after; I can build the system around it)?

*Edit: If you go to that same website Rory with a /support_documents.asp (can't post links myself), then you'll see the manuals etc on their various products, mainly X and XR products. I currently have the X120...

KINGWOOD it seems you like to try to sell CLONED EQUIPMENT. ALSO ONLY RETAIL PRICES ARE ALLOWED TO BE POSTED in the forum.

Please read the rules.

As for the best equipment it is built in Korea Camera's and Recorders.

Take a look at Geovision or Video Insight, both should do the job.

Video Insights interface is a little bit easier to use, but for some reason (at least to me) the picture quality doesn't seem as good as Geo's, and I've tried quite a few of the video insight cards.

Take a look at their demo web interface here:

http://www.demovi.com

Their website is http://www.video-insight.com

For geovision go to http://www.geovision.com.tw

Both companies have something similar to a control center, you'll be able to view all the locations with ease, both of them allow you to this both with a software solution as well as a web solution.

You can control the frame rate and bit rate on both the geo and the video insight (except on the Video Insight web interface).

One advantage about Video Insight is that if you do use the web interface there is no active-x controls, and it works on a mac.

If you want a VI dealer call them up and they can refer you to the closest one, for geo just do a google, you'll find tons .

Good luck!

Edit: I forgot to say people need to stop plugging their own ****.

KINGWOOD it seems you like to try to sell CLONED EQUIPMENT. ALSO ONLY RETAIL PRICES ARE ALLOWED TO BE POSTED in the forum.

Please read the rules.

As for the best equipment it is built in Korea Camera's and Recorders.

Hi crirvine,

Thank you for your reply. I didnot read the item about "ONLY RETAIL PRICES ARE ALLOWED TO BE POSTED in the forum.",I read fran4383

post the price,so I provide some price for reference.I'll not post Price On future.

Our EQUIPMENT is original,not the CLONED.

What you say:"As for the best equipment it is built in Korea Camera's and Recorders.",Is that true?Do you come from Korea?

I think only there are the better,ther are no the best.

I come from China.As I know,a lot of company important Security equipment from China or Taiwan. And parts of the products have very good performance too. I will not list the manufacture name of them,but I think most of us know that.

As a dealer using dvr cctv equipment for the last 8 years and camera's for the last 20 + years the best quallity equipment has come from Korea and we have tried many brands from all contries. It is not like we have not tried BUT ALL DVR CARDS I HAVE TRIED FROM CHINA WERE CLONES and not used in the field we spend money at the company I work for on R and D so I have some money to play with to try to give our customers a better product for a better price. I do not advertise in our forum because we do not sell outside our service area so we do not sell in the forum or on the web. If you would like to advertise Rory or Thomas would be glad to sell you ad space in the forum.

I have to agree with crirvine on this. I will not say ALL chinese products are sub-par compared to korean, but I will say most are (in reference to DVR Cards). Korean's tend to spend more money on their own R & D, trying to increase the performance on their cameras, create new technology, etc. Their post sales support is usually better.

They focus more on the software end of the solution as well, their software is usually better documented and much more easy to use. 90% or more of the chinese branded software out their is unstable, unreliable, poorly documented, and other wise useless in many security situations.

Now, I have dealt with some crappy stuff from Korea as well, but yes, I certainly do prefer Korean products to Chinese.

I will say this how ever, in just the last year Chinese CCTV products have been making big strides in increasing the quality and support (because they realize how big of an industry it has become), and in the next 2-3 years we may start to see some very big players from China with some products that are on par or better then their Korean counterparts.

As a dealer using dvr cctv equipment for the last 8 years and camera's for the last 20 + years the best quallity equipment has come from Korea and ...

Mr. Crirvine,you are right,8 years or 20 years ago,your viewpoint is very correctly,but now,it's not very correctly.

Let's talk about technical,don't talk about "The CCTV equipment from Korea" is the best,"From China" is very bad.

In fact,we have a lot of cooperate with Korea too. Part of Korea products is good,such as Camera,but as usually,the cameras from Japan is better(I dislike Japanese products for other reason,but their quality is good).

So what you say:"The best CCTV equipment from Korea",we just pass it now,just a joke.

Mr. Kingwood I will not carry this subjuct any further if you read what I said and that is how long I have been using the products NOT the last time I tried anything new. I have tried substandard equipment and was not impressed AND THIS HAS BEEN IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. Like I said I am not going to respond to this as it does not merit my time. If you have a better product it will bought and used.

You showed up asking for help with a geovision support problem on your very 1st post now you are trying to push and sell products. You sound like a salesman for Chinese cctv equipment not a end user or cctv tech trying to help other people.

Thanks Securitysys, I'll give the Geo a try first and see how it goes; I think I'd take a little better picture if I can.

Glad to see you chose Geo! Please let us know your experience once you get it set up!

Best of Luck!