cctME

New PC Build CCTV System

Hey guys, I hope this is the right forum.

Recently I got 4 security cameras installed. At the moment all I have is the 4 cameras feeding through four seperate coaxial lines. What I want to do is feed the 4 lines into a computer. I want to use the computer to record the feeds from the cameras and also to display them online so that I can log in to view them remotely. I want to record the input at as high a quality as possible pixel wise, I'm not too concerned about fps as there won't be any really high speed activity.

I'm an experienced computer builder but I don't know much about security cameras or indeed much about dvr in general. So I'd appreciate some advice from the experts on what type of input cards I should be considering and if these will come bundled with software to record the input and display it online.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I have plenty more questions but if someone could give me some pointers I can research things in more detail before pestering you all with further questions . Thanks guys.

The 1st thing you will need to do is choose the the brand capture card that fits your requirments. The next thing you need to do is choose how many inputs you need. Then you need to read the specs for the dvr card cpu video motherboard then how long do you want to store the video?

After all that is done find you a dealer that will give you support 99% of all cards bought on e-bay are clones and no support so please find a dealer that will give you support.