jono400

Audio pick up from cam - pico2000 software

Hi wonder if anyone can advise me on the following ?? have a small set around the home consisting off one dome style indoor camera and one outside camera, dvr card and running pico2000 software, all set up and working fine. now want to be able to listen in on the audio from each camera whilst monitoring the cameras ie just watching live as opposed to actually recording and then viewing later question is is this actually possible ?? I can record and play back the audio from each camera okay but as I say now want to be able to listen in without actually having to record and then playback.

one thing that did confuse me when I set up my particular dvdr card etc was that I could only seem to be able to obtain the audio from the cameras if the audio plug from each camera was plugged into the michrophone input socket off the pc itself and not in the little 3.5mm jack socket at the rear off the dvd card is this okay ??

any advice really would be appreciatted, first time here so hellow to you, all so glad I came across this fine site !!

Appreciatte that no one has as yet managed to come up with anything as yet folks but just wonder if something on the lines off a stereo splitter would work ?? not sure how exactly ??!! but this sound a feasable idea anyone ??

Anyone ??!!

Going back to the request for a solution to enable the monitoring off " live " audio from the camera just wonder if I run a splitter with the common lead off the splitter to the audio lead off the camera and have the two splitter leads to both the DVR audio input and the michrophone input on the sound card off the pc would this then give me what I am looking for ??

no one configured a pci DVR card for live audio ??

lastly !! anyone any ideas regards the problems within the first part off my original thread ??

I do not use that brand as most in this group. Contact the person you bought the card from and get the manuals for this unit.

Okay thanks for your reply anyway, seems the card does not have a manual as such, its the sk2000f, advertised as allowing 1 channel live audio just wondered if anyone had managed to find out exactly how you configure this particular function ??

no problem thou if its not a card or similar ie pci dvr card that most users off this forum use then guess I have possibly picked the wrong forum to ask on ??!!

heaps of places sell these

little electret mics and supplies -very easy to use

$20 au

z

Okay thanks for the link but as described in my original thread my camera already has a michrophone built in with a seperate audio lead it how to get " live " real time audio when monitoring the camera as opposed to having to record the image / audio first before playing it back that I am asking ??

thanks anyway