ozchevy

I need help with setup

Hi people,

First time posting here, and really need some help. I'm at a wits end with trying to set up my security camera system, with viewing over my network and the internet from a remote locale.

Here is what I have,

PC based DVR card with 4 camera ports, the software that came with it is DSR Peage that allows PTZ control of the cameras.

I have 4 cameras - Analogue CCD, one is a PTZ Dome camera that uses RS 485 protocol for all camera movements, for which I have a RS 232 - RS 485 converter, 9 Pin Serial connection. I can view the cameras on the PC that has the DVR, but not on any of the other PC's in my network, or from any outside PC over the internet.

I also have a DL-707P Router, that connects all the PC's in my home to internet.

Now I understand that I require a Static IP Address in able to remotely view the cameras, this is I have done, , but I cannot get to view the cameras on the Lan PC's in my network or through the Internet . I'm not very savvy with Routers, firewalls, port forwarding and that type of thing, but can follow directions if they are clear and all relate. Most of what I've been accessing from the net on this subject, all go off in differing tangents.

I've also tried using DDNS, with no luck.

Im using Win2k as my operating system, I have PC Cillin installed and a firewall attached in that program. I really need to find a good step by step instructional guide to make this work for me. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or provide me with step by step instructions on how to do this.

I would greatly appreciate your input if your experienced in this line of work.

1) Disable both your windows and PC Cillin Firewall.

2) Go to your dlink web interface, check what your LAN DHCP Range is (I.E. 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.52).

3) Go to your security system and assign it an IP Address OUT of that range. I.E. 192.168.0.60. Your Default gateway & DNS Servers are the same address as your routers web interface. You can you get your subnet mask from the router but it is probably 255.255.255.0

4) Go back to your D-Link web interface and then go to Advanced and then DMZ. Enable it and enter the address that you assigned to the security system.

Now test. If it works, then you can go back and enable your firewall and create the proper exceptions to allow the software to work.

You can also go back and take it out of the DMZ and just forward the ports.

This should solve your problem in the short term.

Good Luck.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I just need to clarify,

3) Go to your security system and assign it an IP Address OUT of that range. I.E. 192.168.0.60. Your Default gateway & DNS Servers are the same address as your routers web interface. You can you get your subnet mask from the router but it is probably 255.255.255.0

When you say - Go to your security system and assign it an IP Addy.

Do you mean - Go to the Router, and in DHCP Server - assign an IP Addy and Clone it?

This part I'm lost with.

No, go to your network settings in Windows, right click on your Local Area Connection select TCP/IP Settings (If windows vista select TCP/IP Version 4), and select properties.

Change obtain an ip address automatically to Use the Following IP Address

And Obtain Server Address automatically to Use the following DNS server address

Enter in all the required information and hit okay.

Note: You can leave alternate DNS server blank.