Daryl733

Video Analytics

I need to design a system that basically have 80 to 100 cameras covering a location. The system needs to be able to detect activites and send alert to users when the activities exceed a certain amount of time, e.g. 3hrs.

Might need to increase the number of cameras, so the system has to be able to handle large numbers of cameras.

The cameras will also be seperated away from one another, so that basically putting dvr hooking on to serveral cameras might not be an options. It'll almost be like 1 DVR per camera if that is the case. So I am more exploring the use of IP Cameras with Video Analytics.

Any suggestion or recommendation ?

I need to design a system that basically have 80 to 100 cameras covering a location. The system needs to be able to detect activites and send alert to users when the activities exceed a certain amount of time, e.g. 3hrs.

Might need to increase the number of cameras, so the system has to be able to handle large numbers of cameras.

The cameras will also be seperated away from one another, so that basically putting dvr hooking on to serveral cameras might not be an options. It'll almost be like 1 DVR per camera if that is the case. So I am more exploring the use of IP Cameras with Video Analytics.

Any suggestion or recommendation ?

Go to a Security/cctv Fair?

There are a large number of companies that either sell video analytics software or build it into their DVR/NVR software. You should be aware though that many of them will probably go out of business since the next generation of IP cameras will be starting to include many analytic functions inside the camera.

Daryl,

In case you have not deployed analytics previously, you should be careful how you are going to use them?

What scenarios do you want to use analytics for?

Analytics can suffer from high false alert rates. Sometimes you can overcome by tuning but other times the issues are insurmountable.

If you expand on your objectives, I would be happy to provide you further feedback.

Best,

John