GV1480 100% CPU on 8.2

I just finished an install with a 1480 running version 8.2 and 5 PTZ's, and 4 Video Servers and starting this week, the system runs at 100% cpu and is slow as molasses. Andy, can you help?

Update: Did an uninstall, removed all things Geo related, rebooted, re-installed. Same problem.

8.2 sure has it's issues.

Hello 501,

I believe the case is simply is the performance in PC.

I have tried Multi View with 2 GV SERVER and I have the same problem.

What is the spec of your system?

What codec are you using to record?

The H.264 Codecs use alot more CPU cycles that the other MPEG4 based codecs.

It's a brand new Duo Core Processor with 4 GB of Ram. I don't think it is the Codec because there are only 7 cameras connected direct, the rest are on video servers which already do the compression.

I had the video sevrers set to a different video source then the direct connect cameras (720X480 instead of 720X480 Deinterlaced), and since switching that, the CPU isn't staying at 100% (60-80) but I'll watch it for the next day or two too make sure.

Hi! Can you check with some other RAM modules, you can try to take out 1 at a time and also test with other brand/model!

JD

It's a brand new Duo Core Processor with 4 GB of Ram. I don't think it is the Codec because there are only 7 cameras connected direct, the rest are on video servers which already do the compression.

I had the video sevrers set to a different video source then the direct connect cameras (720X480 instead of 720X480 Deinterlaced), and since switching that, the CPU isn't staying at 100% (60-80) but I'll watch it for the next day or two too make sure.