sam

CCTV over digital cable box

Has anybody got the CCTV cameras modulated to any of the digital channels on the digital cable? I’ve got the situation where that’s the only option. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Sam

I've used the 2-channel digital modulator from Channel Plus (model 3025). Two channels allow me to have both the main monitor (say 16-split) and the call/spot monitor outputs on all house TVs. The only restriction is that the two cannot be on adjacent channels (so, for instance, I needed to have main mon on Ch92 and spot mon on Ch94, but not 93).

The box accepts your cable company's RF as input, while mixing in the modulated channels.

I've also used another cheaper brand (Asian generic) which does not do the mix-in. So I needed to use an external RF dual-splitter (with input/output reversed) to mix in the modulator channels myself, before feeding to the house TVs.

No problem, I did talk to Cable Company today and apparently, without $5000.00 equipment there is absolutely no way to do this science they went 100% digital.

Thank you anyways

Regards

Sam