I am sure this is already somewhere on here, but I can't seem to find it, or more likely, didn't search hard enough.

Anyhow, any help would be much appreciated.

I have a CCTV camera, it's the Speco CVC-627B. I will be using it and only it. I have no need for multiple cameras, and I don't even really need to record it. Just have it available on a web site for streaming content.

My question is, will a tv tuner card, like the ATI Tv Wonder (since it has the physical connectors which will allow it to connect to the camera) be enough, or is there some difference in hardware codes, etc. on the cards.

Thanks again

I found this...

Another way to store recordings on a non-analogue media is through the use of a digital video recorder (DVR). Such a device is similar in functionality to a PC with a capture card and appropriate video recording software. Unlike PCs, most DVRs designed for CCTV purposes are embedded devices that require less maintenance and simpler setup than a PC-based solution, for a medium to large number of analogue cameras.

Does that answer my question? I think so, just need some clarification. My tuner card will be an appropriate capture card for the stream coming from a CCTV cam?

Alright, well I figured it out. I must say though, this forum was absolutely no help. Over 40 people have looked at my question, but no answers. I belong to a bunch of other groups regarding other subjects, and yes the newbs can be annoying at times, but the whole purpose of these forums is to answer questions.

Before you scream to yourself....I did look around. Consequently, I found nothing about tv tuner cards, and everything about video capture dealt with DVR cards. I don't need a DVR (not recording, only have 1 camera), so was asking about the ATI TV Wonder I have.

Anyhow, enough ***ing. I will post the solution so if anyone else has this issue, it will be solved.

The problem with connecting a BNC to F-type coax is actually not a problem. A physical connection is enough. The problem is that when using a tv tuner card (or when hooking it up to a TV) the circuit expects a modulated signal (ie. more than 1 channel in it) so it tries to split up by frequencies. The signal from the camera is just one signal. So, going from BNC to coax (to a coax input) is not adequate, but if you throw another converter (of just convert immediately) to an RCA (composite) and plug it in to the appropriate jack (in a TV, VCR, receiver, capture card, whatever) it WILL work and what you do with the signal from there is up to you.

Hope this helps someone else.

Alright, well I figured it out. I must say though, this forum was absolutely no help. Over 40 people have looked at my question, but no answers. I belong to a bunch of other groups regarding other subjects, and yes the newbs can be annoying at times, but the whole purpose of these forums is to answer questions.

Before you scream to yourself....I did look around. Consequently, I found nothing about tv tuner cards, and everything about video capture dealt with DVR cards. I don't need a DVR (not recording, only have 1 camera), so was asking about the ATI TV Wonder I have.

I'm not the site ambassador, But I do apologize that you did not get any answers. As you said, you looked yourself and there was no talk of TV tuner cards. So my guess is not many people around here have experience with them. We could have posted 40 "I don't know" replies but that wouldn't have been very helpful either.

To put it in perspective, I have been hanging around here off and on for 3 or 4 years and I have a number of "0 reply" questions posted. If nobody knows, nobody knows. It's not a noob thing and I hope you won't take it personally.

The good news is you contributed good info and now we have some tv tuner card info. Thank you for sharing your findings!

My bad. Yeah, very true about the no one knowing thing. I just assumed it was because of me being a CCTV newb, as I have seen it happen quite a bit before on other boards. Wasn't trying rag on anyone in particular.