Siiak

Running geo webcam on sprint EVDO

Hi all,

We have to install a system at a remote location its a motel and dsl / cable is not available, we have 2 options as to go with Satellite or EVDO cellular, I have read good reviews about sprint, my question is, is it possible and has anyone tried to upload the video via webcam on cellular evdo network

Going with sprint will be cheaper also, thanks a lot

Edward

Dear All,

Anyone done that before?

I would like to know..Satellite or EVDO cellular...

Thank you...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support, GeoVision Inc , Taiwan

+886-2-8797-8377 with extension 287

I have used satellite (wildblue) and its performance was horrible. There is also a low bandwidth cap on wildblue which kicks in automatically if you use too much.

I switched to verizon evdo and have been happy. I get around 1-3 fps running multiview. There is no bandwidth cap, however, I believe the agreement excludes video streaming. I have had no issues with my streaming as I only check for a few minutes a few times a day.

Will

Just an update we went with sprint, EVDO and its working very nicely, only thing when it disconnect it gives you a new ip on reconnect, but with dns programs we can over come this problem.

regds all

I would love to set that up!! Did you use a phone and tethered, or did you get a broadband card? Also, do you anticipate any issues with Sprint limiting data usage to 5GB?..thanks!

I would love to set that up!! Did you use a phone and tethered, or did you get a broadband card? Also, do you anticipate any issues with Sprint limiting data usage to 5GB?..thanks!

We used a data card, Sprint store did not mention any data limit, is there any ?

5GB is what it looks like. http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/2343/64/

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread9389.html. Maybe that limit is just for the phones and no the data card, but probably not. Keep us up to date, if there is not limit I will get a data card.

Even more disappointing is that Comcast, Time Warner and AT&T are looking at the same limit for land line broadband! That is not nearly enough! After 5GB $1 per GB is what I have heard.