berlix

Building pc for GV2008 is it ok?

I want to build up a pc and buy a new GV-2008 card. I am only going to install one 2008 card now, but would like to have the ability to have enough pc and cpu to add another 2008 in the future if needed.

This is what I am planning to use:

Motherboard: Asus P5KC.

CPU: Intel Q6600.

Memory: DDRII 800 1G *2.

I plan to install the pc in an ISUSA D400 rackk mount case.

Optical drive.

I would appreciate input on what video card to buy.

Am I ok with 500watt power supply for this set up?

Am I ok with this pc set up?

Looks good to me.

Once the PC works without issues then the DVR side should be fine.

The video card is mostly for local live display, quality, features like S-Video, DVI output, etc. It does need to support Direct Draw Overlay (with the GV250-800's and the Combo cards at least) but most of todays video cards will do that, even Intel's onboard video will work in most cases (Intel's onboard video doesnt have DVI though). DVI gives you better local quality for the live video for example, doesn't effect the actual recording though. Typically using 256MB cards, really whatever is available at the time, I prefer ATI but also use Nvidia as those are easier to get my hands on these days. If I can find a 128MB card for $30 then I use that But since you are going high end anyway, maybe look at 256-512 cards, see if you can get ones with dedicated memory (no hypermemory etc).

Would using both outputs of a video card cause any problems? Since most newer video cards support multiple displays, I was wondering if this using 2 monitors would work fine with the system.