btlfan64

Need camera for a dark open area

I need a camera that will do well in the dark for an area next to my house...I need it to cover an area 42Lx15w. There is some light from a street light but it's about 50 foot away. Any suggestions? I also need it to be fairly stealthy.

The area I'm trying to capture other that the tree in my yard is the area between my tree and the neighbors tree...caught her vandalizing the yard once and sure she'll do it again...

I've also thought about moving one of the cams I have zoomed in and using an IR illuminator for the area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...looking to spend under $200 if possible....

942848570_cam4night.gif.f95082a4919f97bbb87b9a140750a1c6.gif

I got it at a local PI supply store. It's a Sony EX-View 600LOR .0003Lux

Model KPC-EX230HL

At least that's what's on the label on the box...I've seen it on other web sites with different specs...

some say 420 lines with a .003 lux

I've found it as low as $86....does not come with a power supply or cable though.

Model KPC-EX230HL

Yah, the KT&C Model camera I've only seen that one as 420LOR and .003 lux, plus the fact that it's B/W is why he's getting a great picture I think. But that does not explain to me how you have no IR's but yet are getting a very good picture that looks as if it's getting some sort of an IR feed.

Overall great picture and that cameras lens is interchangeable also so I would look at a higher mm lens so you can get the angle you need and simply purchase another one of that camera.

Thanks,

John

I have the luxury (no pun intended) of having a halogen street light in my yard that covers my front yard (good thing the bedrooms are in the back of the house..lol) so no IR illuminator is needed. I want to cover part of the area from a different angle by the side of my house so if the neighbor decides to pull her childish vandalism again I can leave no doubt that it is her. That area is a bit darker and may require an illuminator.