wisdum

EyeMax 9120 Remote Viewing Issues

I have an Eyemax 9120 DVR setup. Everything works great and i have no problems viewing the cameras from both the application and the web as long as im on the inside of the network.

I setup port forwarding on my router so i can remotely view the feeds. I can get to the web access page where it asks me to login. I can try and authenticate (with a known working username/pass) and it says Login has failed. If i try and access it from inside of the network everything works very well, if i try and access it from its global IP I get the page but it wont let me in. I have tried reducing all of the security settings to as low as i can get them but it still wont work.

MY quesionL: What ports need to be forwarded???

from old post:

(So in order to view the cameras remotely via the web service you need port 80 and a range of ports from 9000-9200? Does the ActiveX use ports?

I have port 80 forwarded, and i can access the webpage, but it won't let me authenticate. It isn't an activex issue as far as i can tell, i dont get any page errors, it just says "Login has failed" in the middle of the section for camera display. )

im going nuts! Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to view over the web the same system, but I cant even see it inside my network. Which ports do I have to set ion order to view it? I ping the DVR from other computers and they find it, I just cant see the system and I have no manuals. Thanks

I am not familiar with that DVR, and I am not an internet expert.

You can remove the port forwarding, and then put the DVR in to DMZ.

This will open all ports. If you have a working video then we can work out what ports need to be opened.

You will also have to go somewhere else to test your DVR from the internet.

It is possible that you cannot access yourself from you LAN to the internet,and back. Try a friends connection, or go to a library ect.

If it still does not work then you may have to enable virtual server perhaps.

What kind of router do you have?

http://www.alarmking.com/9000series/UsersManual.pdf

Ports

25 Email

80 Web Server

8015 Internet phone

9091 DVR Server

9100 Central Station Used with muliple DVRS and static IPs

Is this what you have?

Am I missing any?

Set your video quality to the lowest setting.

Has NETWORKED been checked on USER SETTINGS?

Have you set yourself up a password?

DID YOU BUY THIS DVR PREBUILT OR BUILD IT YOURSELF your answer has a lot to do with the help I give you also you need to understand networking basics, firewalls, and windows OS .

I ask that you tell us what version eyemax software you have the more I know the more help I can give you.

Even through the web browser you need to forward ports 9091--9120 in the router to the dvr address then you need to download activex from the dvr before it will let you log in A TIP IS THE VIDEO SCRENE IN THE WEB BROWSER HAS TO BE BLACK NOT BLUE BEFORE IT WILL LET YOU LOG IN.

Sorry i haven't replied more quickly, i have been very busy with other side projects.

I didn't setup the DVR, but it appears to be some sort of home made computer running some version of Unix that runs the DVR software.

The only port i opened up on the router was port 80. I am assuming when i get back to it this afternoon and open up ports 9091 to 9120 it will work. I knew i was missing something.

I dont know how to use the version of Unix it is running on or how to even tell what version the DVR is. A local security company "set it up"

I am going to try opening the ports, i can't DMZ because this router is in a business and runs a lot of other stuff.

Thanks for everyone's help! ill post again with more info

The eyemax software is only compatable with windows 2000 pro ; windows xp home ; windows xp pro ; only so if it is running anything other than those 3 operating systems there is no factory support and I do not what or how they got it to run like that I have no idea. But it takes windows os to make it work as a server for remote veiwing. Sorry I have no other advise for you.