jhonovich

online free video surveillance book

I recently released a video surveillance book. It's free and it's open meaning that you can copy and reuse parts of the book (it's a creative commons license btw).

I see the book as a work in progress that will continue to improve. There are clearly many topics not covered appropriately in the book.

If you are interested in contributing an essay, that would be great. You'd be helping the community and also getting your name/company's name out there.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

John

I was afraid to post articles on your site since I do analog, and I was afraid you would ban my IP address for life, and then I would not be able to access the articles on your site!!

I could reprint some of my DVR posts, and edit NVR for DVR!!

LOL!

Analog is a huge part of the industry and will continue to be for many years to come. I do encourage you to contribute analog pieces especially for the tutorials section.

While a lot of industry insiders read the reports and analysis, more people read the tutorials on camera basics, etc.

Butterworth Heinemann CCTV Surveillance Video Practices and Technology 2nd Edition Dec 2006

possible to find by google

and "Digital CCTV" by Emily Harwood

I agree. Those are good books.

My book is not targeted at the same use as those books.

Those books are excellent guides to the technology. They are great for the working engineer or technician who really needs to know how things work.

My book is quite bad at that objective.

The title of my book is "Security Manager's Guide to Video Surveillance" and the emphasis is on understanding what is out there, what are the high level tradeoffs and where the industry is going. It's made more for the user, buyer, designer or sales person.

My hope is that my book complements the excellent texts already available for cctv and video surveillance.

Thank you for sharing those resources.

Butterworth Heinemann CCTV Surveillance Video Practices and Technology 2nd Edition Dec 2006

can we download these for free also?

can we download these for free also?

hmmm kinda illegal unless u know russian