poker_fish

Possible hardware conflicts on a GV 1480 PCI-E -- any ideas?

did u figured out the reasons you getting the BSOD ?

I always disable the auto reboot option in the event of BSOD to see what the problem, as hard as it is to figure MS 000000000xe8 crap....

(Right click My Computer>Properties>Advanced> look down for 'Startup and recovery' , click Setting> uncheck the box 'Automatically restart'

I assume both systems have identical hardware, and GV could be the reason for the crashes, but u should confirm its not memory issues or other incompitable hardware first.

Also, check the even log for any system errors. sometimes it can be something really stupid cause way too big deal.

My first bet is that ur RAM is not for your MOBO, but I didnt even checked from ur list, just my guess.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply sinbad.

Both systems are identical. The RAM should match to the motherboard, but I did mix and match with other types with the sme results. My error screens after disabling the "auto restart" were strangly various. Sometimes they would be memory errors, other times write errors, other times just generic system hardware errors.

It's puzzling to me why after a few days will I crash. If my GV card is defective, I'd have to assume it would be DOA from the get go.

-poker_fish

did u check windows Event Viewer?

did u try running the machines without the GV cards and see if they crash?

I doubt you got DOA cards because u say it happens on both rigs....

also your board expects (if this is the one) either 1333/1066MHz FSB sticks, and ur sticks are

RAM: 4GB Crucial Ballistix 800MHz

so I'll stick to my first bet with RAM issues