allprolab

Question on infrared lights on outdoor camera...

Are the led lights always on or are they motion sensor? And are the lights sorta noticeable or highly noticeable or in between?

Are the led lights always on or are they motion sensor? And are the lights sorta noticeable or highly noticeable or in between?

The IR lighting on IR cams outdoors aren't noticeable unless you are really close to the camera looking straight at it. The IR's are always lit up (fyi) and will remain lit as long as it's dark enough outside for the sensor to switch them on.

Did you have any other questions?

Thanks for the answer, it's what I wanted to hear.

Right now I don't have any more specific questions. I'm trying to research things to get a better understanding of CCTV and then I'm sure I'll have some questions!

Hello, I have to disagree on this one. 95% of all IR cameras IR lights are noticeable. They glow red if they are under the 950 NM range. If you don't want to see the red glow, then I would suggest getting an IR camera that has 950nm or above. Very few companies offer the non red glow from the IR. We do carry a IR panel that does NOT glow red. I would not suggest looking into the IR lights because this could potentially damage your retina in your eye.