iseriesdude

Question: Wide Angle Dome Camera

I've been searching for a dome camera (preferably) to use in a small office with no windows. 10' ceilings, room is maybe 4' x 10'.

I've got a couple older Honeywell Dome's that produce a pretty good picture, but the 3.6mm - 9mm lens does not deliver a wide enough picture for such a small room.

Same old song and dance, not looking to break the bank..it’s a smaller setup with five cameras and a CPCAM CPD505.

Appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Patrick

Wide angle lens based minidomes are harder to find lately...

One that comes in mind is from Ganz and here are some of its specs:

Ganz ZC-D5025NHA 1/3" Color hi-res dome, 540 TVL, 2.3-5mm AI varifocal

This minidome gives you varifocal autoiris lens covering from 2.3mm to 5.0mm - I do not know of anyone else making minidome that provides this type of wide angle range of lens... besides, you get excellent video quality picture at 540TVL and it comes with three years warranty... the pricing should be around $250.00 range and I will suggest to shop around.

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I'll have better luck finding a bullet camera with a wide angle of view as opposed to a mini dome.

Patrick

the wide angle minidome's are out there if you prefer them over bullets. If you don't like the Ganz for some reason take a look at ARM. They have a 2.6-6mm mini dome for under 250.00 that has worked for me.

ARM Electronics model number: C540MD2VAI

They have a C620MD2VAI with the same lens if you need super high resolution but I don't know the price...

They aren't my favorite camera (for no particular reason) but my local supplier has them in stock and ARM is right here in Northern California. I like that I can be standing face to face with them within a couple of hours if I ever have real problems. I have called their tech support a couple of times for pre-sale info and they have always answered the phone right away and have been helpful.

Good luck!