richonor

problem of integration

basically, most ip cameras use their own software. I hope there will be a communication standard that allows integration with others cameras

basically, most ip cameras use their own software. I hope there will be a communication standard that allows integration with others cameras

You won't see it any time soon.

are you talking about NVR software?

Most camera manufactures sell or include NVR software that only works with there cameras. But there is alot of NVR software from 3rd partys that work with many different cameras manufactures.

As far as I know Arecont is the only company that you have to use there software to set the cameras up. AXIS, Sony, Vivotek, ....... you set everything up thought the cameras web interface.

Well, there is a common communication standard - tcp/ip. But, yes, all the exact commands needed to draw images and set up parameters seem to be proprietary. The several NVR's I've tested with my Arecont had to be set up for a "generic" IP camera - you just enter in the required http:// command to access the image.

Any device that is normally accessed via an IP address is going to need a simple utility to initially locate it via the MAC address and configure the basic tcp/ip settings. Having default settings works fine if you only have one . Arecont provide that separate from the NVR.

Once that is done everything else regarding setup can be done on a browser command line if you wish.

Most camera manufactures sell or include NVR software that only works with there cameras. But there is alot of NVR software from 3rd partys that work with many different cameras manufactures.

As far as I know Arecont is the only company that you have to use there software to set the cameras up. AXIS, Sony, Vivotek, ....... you set everything up thought the cameras web interface.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Arecont has web interface

and u can set up some parametres

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Arecont has web interface

and u can set up some parametres

Some is right...... I still can't figure out out how to change the port number on a Arecont camera.

Some is right...... I still can't figure out out how to change the port number on a Arecont camera.

In System Reference Manual or HTTP_Requets manual under

URL parameters for configuring and getting camera settings

port number parameter is not present