MikeT

Clover or JDVR

Looking at the Clover system 8 channel pkg (BU8100560), or JDVR - JDVR8A1500CD. The price difference is about $700 if you factor out the cameras that come with the Clover. Just looking for some peoples opinions on this one - Thanks in advance

The JDVR, is that a JPEG2000 unit? If so, I would go with that any day over the Clover. The clover is just bottom of the barrel equipment and it won't last long.

Yes the JDVR is a JPEG2000 unit

The JDVR, is that a JPEG2000 unit? If so, I would go with that any day over the Clover. The clover is just bottom of the barrel equipment and it won't last long.

Yes the JDVR is a JPEG2000 unit

Hold out for a week or so and the new JHDVR will come out. The JDVR I believe is being phazed out. Basically the JHDVR a JDVR with H.264 transmission for great network viewing(which was always the downfall of the JDVR). It still has the JPEG2000 local recording for best image quality but now has mouse control and a DVDRW too.

The current JDVR (manufactured by Argus) is a dual codec unit, JPEG2000 for local recording, H.264 for remote transmission. Its on units with version 1.16 and has been for about 12 months.