jcommerce

Help with SWANN MPEG DVR 4 - Master Reset Possible?

Hello all (first post here)

For any of you that are familiar with the Video Server E software that comes with the SWANN MPEG 4 DVR, perhaps you can help.

I initially got everything set up and was able to login to Video Server E and access the DVR. Everything was fine.

Then, I started to mess around with the settings in order to setup remote internet access to the camera and have got myself stuck. When I logged in to Video Server E, I went to the "System Config" and changed it from the "Static IP" setting to the "DHCP" setting because I thought this was the setting I would use for the DynDNS account I had setup. Now I can't even login to the Video Server E

Can someone tell me how I might master reset the DVR or get back to the Static IP setting for now? I would like to get back to this basic setting so I can at least view the cameras on my PC and use the playback software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for mentioning the Video Server E.

I usually have to look up the model number to see which DVR one has.

In your case the DVR is manufactured by AVTech in Taiwan.

I have some helpful tips here:

http://scorpiontheater.com/troubleshooting.aspx

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

Scroll down to the bottom of this webpage, and you will see the hard reset PDF for the AVC 760.

Question:

Have you tried going in to the front panel, and going in to the menu, and setting it there?

Menu

Advance

Network

Network type

Press +, or - to make changes.

Edited by Guest