Aus Novice

Geo-Vision Vs Intellex

HEy guys, I have been reading a lot of the exchanges over the last week and saw a lot of knowledge being thrown about.

I have mainly used Intellex(American Dynamics) in the past and have found it easy to get around and information was accessable immediately, now have the Geo-Card on my shelf.

I am trying to get my head around the abundance of features but would like to know

What are the Advantages/Disadvantages between the two?

Main GV problems- choosing good PC. Oll other parameters are better than Intellex. Exept, thet for remote live vewing and remote playback shall be use different programs.

If remote management of multiple sites is a top priority then go with the Intellex. It has probably the best multi site remote software I've ever seen in a DVR. Otherwise the best value for the money is Geovision if you have the ability to build a good computer around the board.

Thanks guys, I am use to the Intellex which has limited features but does these better than other dvrs.

I found the Geo gui hard to move around in and didn't like that i had to open different applications to remote view then playback.

Backup was also a time consuming affair. I guess playing around a bit more will make it easier