stoogman

Samsung SHR-5042 remote software

Hi,

anyone know where i can get the net-i viewing software for the above machine - tried samsung security website but u need to be an approved partner to d/load it, any help appreciated.

Thanks

Stu

I downloaded this one as the one on the CD didnt work - seems to work fine.

h**p://aasset.security.free.fr/Samsung/Logiciel%20NetI/?M=D

Actually if you go back a directory you'll see more files - i've just updated my firmware with the file on that site.

h**p://aasset.security.free.fr/Samsung/

obviously replace ** with TT

Cheers

if you can't get the latest version of the Neti software you can send me a private message and I'll shoot you the latest and greatest.

the SHR-5042 will NOT work with smartviewer and if you DO have a version of NETi pro please keep in mind that as of NOVEMBER 2008 it is STILL in beta version so be warned.

You can also access the 5042 via the web browser (microsoft internet explorer)

if you can't get the latest version of the Neti software you can send me a private message and I'll shoot you the latest and greatest.

the SHR-5042 will NOT work with smartviewer and if you DO have a version of NETi pro please keep in mind that as of NOVEMBER 2008 it is STILL in beta version so be warned.

You can also access the 5042 via the web browser (microsoft internet explorer)

I wouldnt mind a copy of net-i however I dont have enough posts to PM you. Also, as samsungs only download for the SHR-5042 is the manual, does anyone know how to get a better version of the firmware? The webview is rubbish!

Cheers

I cannot post the link on here, admin have stopped you being able too.. I also have less than five posts so cannot PM you.

I dont fancy posting my email address on here either... Ill explain how to get it instead - after my constant emails to samsung they finally uploaded it to there site.

Go to samsungsecurity, under product search enter DVR, Standalone, 5042 then click find.

Then click "visit e-manual page", then if you scroll to the bottom of the list, they have uploaded the latest NETi software, and the manual for it.

Hope this helps anyone that was in the same situation as me!!!

Cheers

nice one thanks... found it... and i was on that page yesterday too! how the chuff did i miss that

Cheers again.

Does anyone know if the Net-i pro 1.4 software will only work for a with Windows Admin rights to the computer? It works great for me, but when a user without admin rights logs in to use it it gives a "Can't access DB!" error. I tried giving the user full rights to the c:\program files\samsung directory but that did not help.

Any help would be appreciated