monitor

Recommendations for PC Based system

Hi All,

I am totally new to this forum.

I need to install a new security system based on PC in my office building. We have calculated that at this time we will need 4 inside and 5 outside cameras. Since we will be buying another office building next door in next few months, we would like the ability to add more cameras to the security system.

One of my friends has eyemax system installed at his business and is very happy.

I am here to find out what would be a good reliable sytem. My budget is $5000 to $10000. I am not interested in wireless cameras as I am looking for a solid heavy duty professional grade system.

Questions:

-----------

(1) Is there a place where I can buy the package? Is it worth it or should I just put best of the breed and put togather a system?

(2) Do I need to buy the PC from the CCTV sellers or just buy a regular DELL or HP laptop and slap in the DVR card in it?

(3) Which is a good indoor dome camera?

(4) Which is a good outdoor camera and housing?

(5) What kind of calculations I need to do to make sure that I am hanging the camera high enough to cover the entire area.

(6) Is there a primer that I can read to understand how to design the security or where to place the cameras?

(7) What kind of cables do I need to install? Will it be regular COAX or can I use CAT6? How will we supply power to the cameras?

(8) Can I mount the PC on a rack along with other computer hardware in the server room?

(9) Is the software part of the DVR package or do I need to buy software seperately?

(10) Is there any particular brand of cameras that are better than the others in reliability and longevity?

I am sure I will have more questions.

Thanks for your help.