curtc

AV TECH 732E and 732S

I have three AV TECH 732E video web servers. I can get them to work fine with Pelco D cameras on RS-485. I select the proper address and select PTZ D camera and all works fine. I did not realize that my third web server was the 732S. They look identical but software is different. I cannot get the ptz cameras to work. The addresses are set but the pulldown menu for the device only shows ptz camera. It doesn't have a selection for PTZ D like the 732E. I get video but no camera movement. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have never used the 732 and I do not think that I can help you with your problem.

I would like to figure out what the problem may be.

You have two devices (ok three, but two are alike).

The PTZ works with the 732E, but not with the 732S.

732E is Video Server E

732S is Video Server S

How am I doing so far?

Do you have both Video Server E and Video Server S?? Do you need to download Video Server S?

This PTZ. Is this the one and the same PTZ that is being connected to the different devices?

Is this two different PTZ, but there are both the same model number?

Is the two completely different model numbers?

Sorry. I am just trying to get up to speed.

I do not know for sure, but it may be the 732S may only take the AVTech PTZ only, and not other brands, but then I do not know for sure.

Do you have a manual for these?

Yes, I have a three 732E servers and one 732S. I ordered all at the same time and didn't notice the one different server. They look identical. Only the software was different. All the PTZ cameras are the same. I'm not sure of the brand but they are a dome camera where the PTZ is RS485. The manual I have gives me a model number of M011-P/T. They work fine on the 732E server when I select the PTZ-D peripheral device. There is no PTZ-D device listed on the 732S. When I use a scope to check the RS485 data, it is clear to see the data is different on the 732S hence my guess was that the PTZ on the 732S is not Pelco D protocol. There is really not much support from the AVTECH site. There is a provision for firmware upgrade on the servers but no place to download if any.

I hear you on the AVTech support.

The problem is that AVTech is a manufacture and the distributors are supposed to supply the tech support, and a lot of distributors do not, and that is wrong.

For example:

If your american made car breaks down you do not call detroit and ask them to help you with a problem. You actually go to a dealer who provides the tech support.

You can also call an indendent shop but they are not going to fix it for free.

AVTech is the manufacture, and Joe's CCTV, and bar and grill is the techsupport center.

If local Joe does not do tech support then he can call his regional distributor who can look at the DVR fix it, or replace it with a new one.

This is how it is supposed to work.

I am lucky to have a distributor who has tech support staff on hand, and can resolve 90% of my issues. The other 10% is solved by my wife.

She folds up her arms, and then she blinks her eyes twice, and poof! Problem solved!

Hello I share same problem. Can you tell me which PTZ protocols are supported by avc732US

thanks

DANMAN

Hello I share same problem. Can you tell me which PTZ protocols are supported by avc732US

thanks

DANMAN

The video server is up and running with a fixed camera . I am using IE 6. I wish to know what PTZ protocol it uses before i biy a PTZ camera

To connect to it remotely do you use:

Video Server S

Video Server E

or

Video Viewer

??

In other words, what AP came on the disk with the Server?