CCTV-Newbie

My Profile and attempt to engage in CCTV Forum...

Greetings from central CA. Like most posts, I’m looking for advice regarding specific IP camera kit equipment. Someone tried unsuccessfully to break into my home. I believe I walked in on the effort unknowingly after dark and found out the next morning. I suspect neighborhood kid(s). Regardless, I am looking to protect lives (safety) within my home along with what little monetary values I own and to establish proof (ID) should further attempts occur. Profile: Budget=$2k, Residential, working man’s neighborhood. My home is approximately 2000 Sq feet (sq box), 2-story, on 9000 sq feet property with perimeter fence on corner lot. Knowing nothing about CCTV, I went to Fry’s Electronics and purchased an all-in-one kit. I have spent about 10 hours on Internet researching and my time is limited; thus, a solution with minimal implementation time is a goal. After all my reading, I decided to engage in this forum. However, I cannot successfully post my pertinent data to the General Digital forum. Thus, I'm trying this INTRODUCTIONS 1st.

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and that you came to a CCTV forum out of a bad situation. I've only browsed the forums for a short while, but -- from what I've noticed with my one post (Aside from the intro, this being my third!) was that people are definitely interested in what you have to say.

So, I guess I'm just saying Welcome! ^^; I'm a newbie to CCTV stuff as well. ; ;

Greetings JM ... thanks for the welcome. I was able to successfully post on a general digital discussion but no bytes (haha). I spent yesterday testing out my Lorex all-in-one purchase and I've decided to return. It was a great learning lesson that will allow me to buy an IP system with some intelligence. r/

I am really starting to like live video service.If really want protective you home,see if there are companies in your area that offer live video .