scorpion

Active X expert advice needed:

Active X expert advice needed:

Scenero with AVTech DVR.

Proper networking (WAN) is setup, and working.

Useing a browser you log into a DVR with IPaddress:port

You get the AnyWhere Anytime page (Internal of DVR).

When you bring up video you have a black screen, and you have a small red x at the top left of the video square.

Java is not the issue.

There was never an ACTIVE X prompt.

I have deleted Temp Internet Files, and this did not work hoping to get the active x prompt.

QUESTION:

How to I get a computer to download an Active X?

This was a Vista Software.

Thanks for your help!

Possible your browser security settings are blocking ActiveX content? I assume this is using Internet Explorer - have you tried a different browser, like Firefox?

You could also try changing the DVR's IP and then try connecting to it again - if you just missed the ActiveX prompt before, this might cause the browser to re-request it, as it will think it's connecting to a different site (I get this all the time with IQEye cameras - anytime I connect one with a previously-unused IP, IE wants to reinstall the AX plugin).

Changing the DVR's LAN address may be an option. It is kind of hard to get customers to change browsers as most can barely type their way through the C:// drive, and files.

This particulare laptop was set for a x block, and I changed it to prompt.

That still leaves the machine inactive with video throught the browser.

Thanks for the tip!!

Edited by Guest

Changing the DVR's LAN address may be an option. It is kind of hard to get customers to change browsers as most can barely type as it is.

Well, if you're attending to this on-site, you can always use a portable version of Firefox off a flash drive, if just for the sake of testing.

Yes clearing the cache does help. This is where I can get an auto active x to display with the run / cancel .

If you have seen those AVTech post where they say they can use the Video Server E to see the DVR remotely, but they cannot see the DVR through the browser. If I have them delete internet files, and when they refresh the brower, and enter in the DVR ip address then it will give them the active x prompt, and then they can run it. Now they can see the DVR though the browser.

In some cases when you delete the temp internet files it does not give you the active x prompt.

I do not know what all of the parameters are that create this situation, but I would like to come up with an answer for them.

I ran in to this for the first time with a laptop with vista with active x blocked in Internet Options Security Tab Local Intranet.

When I get there on site I will check Trusted sites to see if I need to do the same there.

The deleting Temp Internet Files as helped alot of people who were "stuck".

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files is what I am looking for.

I am amazed at the amount of Java Runtime Environment that is listed. These are obviously what is used by the DVRs to run the browser.

That is what I am looking for!

Thanks!