rory

Soldiers Blog

I looked at it yesterday, interesting, I hope the state department doesn't get a wiff on this.

Hes being doing it for a year so I imagine they would know already ... its been from the whole time he left the US to go to Iraq. his time there and back in the US now .. some serious stories .. I imagine being an Army Journalist maybe he has more open speech than the other soldiers..? Did you see the one about the interview with a terrorist?

What gets me is how young the guys are that are in the milliary .. well guys and girls...

It is a good read Rory. He has a unique way of relating the reality of War and what he lived into a well written article. As a recently Retired Marine, I can also relate to his anology of the Marine Wife/rank. Made me laugh!

To comment on what "we" can say or not.....I can tell you that the Military I served in allows the same freedom of speech that it protects. The reason why "we" serve and is to ensure and protect EVERYONE's freedom(s). That boy/girl we sent to War returned a changed Man/Woman. War is not pretty or fair. The difference between us and them is "we" come from a Historic system of values that allow freedom(s) for all. I'm so thankful for where I came from and who now leads the way. And as you can tell, a very proud member of!

Most defenetly Thank you from me and my family, without heroes like you, This great country could never make it.