Dewm

Need help with GE DVR & "Wave Reader 4.0"

Hey i'm working for a company here in Alaska that does security systems and some limited CCTV stuff, and we got a call in about some work that needs to be done on a system that we didnt' install and honestly i'm not farmilar with the hardware. But I guess the company that did install it no long is in business so its up to us, and i'm wondering if any of you can help me out.

The DVR is a GE DVMRe Pro

The software is Wave Reader 4.0

And there is a Belkin router linking them.

The issue: The costumer wants to be able to access the DVR and view footage from his laptop wether in the building or in a remote location. He was able to do this for a while then they redid his networking in the building and now it doesn't work. I tested the cables they are good. And when I wen't to hit "Connect" on the reader software it said "Unable to connect at this time"

Is it an IP issue? i'm not sure its a small 4 camera system so nothing to fancy. But i've never worked with eather hardware or software. And i'm not sure if GE makes the software, I don't think so. So i'm not sure if calling them would do any good. Thanks for the info!

-Dave

Have you checked the ip address on the router and the dvr? Can you ping the system on the lan?

Hi, first go here for info on setting up the networking side of it:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewforum.php?f=12

And yes GE has the rights to Wavereader so they can help if needed.

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.11620ebca5cc0a06574efe10140041ca/?vgnextoid=4f9fe4997e789110VgnVCM100000592d7003RCRD

Basically what is needed is a valid IP, cables connected, etc, if on local network just enter the local IP, if remote then port forward 1024 and use the ISP assigned IP. Test using telnet etc, info in link above.

I am using this software and am needing to know which ip to use? The router the ip listed in the dvr of the stations ip i am using the wave reader from.

I need to be able to get the wave reader to pull data from the dvr. I am having trouble figuring out which IP the address book needs to do this. As listed above.