prefetch

documenting vehicle restoration w/ camera?

hey guys - i'm interested in recording a vehicle restoration over the next 6 months, and i figured the best way to do it would be with a security camera. the idea is that after i'm done, i can edit it and make a "speed up" short film where you can see the whole vehicle restored in just 5 minutes!

i'm thinking of putting a camera in my garage, and just having it record the whole thing! my big question is - which camera would be the best quality for under $1000 ??

i've been doing some research, and right now i'm thinking that the arecont av3105 would be best.

it seems to have excellent quality image, and it's not a bad price.

i dont need zoom, tilt, pan or night vision - i really just need a nice video camera that will turn on when it detects motion and make a good recording. i'm planning to hook it up to my mac in the garage via ethernet cable.

ideas?? suggestions?? the image quality is the most important thing, and since i plan on making a "speed up" film, i guess it doesnt matter if it skips frames.

hey guys - i'm interested in recording a vehicle restoration over the next 6 months, and i figured the best way to do it would be with a security camera. the idea is that after i'm done, i can edit it and make a "speed up" short film where you can see the whole vehicle restored in just 5 minutes!

i'm thinking of putting a camera in my garage, and just having it record the whole thing! my big question is - which camera would be the best quality for under $1000 ??

i've been doing some research, and right now i'm thinking that the arecont av3105 would be best.

it seems to have excellent quality image, and it's not a bad price.

i dont need zoom, tilt, pan or night vision - i really just need a nice video camera that will turn on when it detects motion and make a good recording. i'm planning to hook it up to my mac in the garage via ethernet cable.

ideas?? suggestions?? the image quality is the most important thing, and since i plan on making a "speed up" film, i guess it doesnt matter if it skips frames.

how are u planing to use with "mac" ?

how are u planing to use with "mac" ?

hoping to use the mac as a file server to store all the data - but i can put in a windows box if i need to - my main concern is what type of camera will be best.

I had this idea awhile ago. I don't know if Arecont can upload to a FTP server but I know Axis cameras can. We were going to set this up to upload 1 image every hour during during the work week. We where going to do this for a shop that had 5 areas for 5 different cars so we would have installed 5 cameras.

Also we where going to install a PTZ camera so the car owners could login and look at there cars or if there was a problem with the car the shop owner could show that car owner that issue.

I though it was a great idea but the project never came though.