BigLebowski

Ebay - cards from Hong Kong and China

hi there

Does anyone have any experience of buying any 4cg H.264 cards off ebay successfully? For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8CH-Video-Audio-H-264-DVR-Card-240FPS-TECHWELL-6802_W0QQitemZ400020507527QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item400020507527&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Generally what are they like? Software/Compatability ok or lots of blue screens of death etc with XP?

I bought some uhf walkie talkies from HK a couple of years ago and I've been absolutely delighted with them, so I'm happy to take a punt on some of this stuff.

Dude

I have not used those cards, but I have bought stuff from hong kong and china before on ebay.

To be honest, I am really, really struggling to remember something that I have bought from there that didnt turn out to either be counterfeit in some way or a pile of junk, or a pile of junk that didnt last long.

I have had alarm equipment that didnt work as advertised, that was not the same model as in the auction, even the replacement they sent was junk to.

I have had cams that were rubbish, a phone that went faulty on its first day, mp4 player that lasted about a week, PIC programmer board that came with pirated software, fake cctv cards or cards with pirated software so useless..

Anyway, those cards may be great, or then again, they may not be (I suspect not, but as I have never used them I dont know for sure) - so if you do take a chance and try them, please let us know how you got on!

I buy cameras from hk sometimes. They are called a7 on ebay. Come with 30 IR leds and have audio. They sell for around $20-$25 shipped. They come with with different lenses all time is the only catch. So far the only problem I have ever really had with them is polarity. One time hooked up backwards and they'll catch on fire. LOl

Great for cheap general use. Only way you'll really ever identify some one is if you have a shot within 10' - 15' max. But sometimes that's all you need. They are so cheap though you can put one above every door and window on your house for under $200.