lgt

Need help choosing a system or creating one

Hi, i am looking to put in a video Surveillance in my parents store. I am looking for a two camera setup, but it can be more if thats part of the kit. I have looked at costco's Q-see system, but from what i read here i should stay away from them. Can you guys suggest something?

-System can be new or used

-Looking for a reliable system

-Preferably a DVR setup

-500 dollar budget but can go up a little if needed

Thanks in advance and this is a great forum, keep up the good work.

For the price you listed you will not get anything more than what you have looked at sorry for the bad news.

Camera = $250.00 to over $3000.00 depending on what you want.

DVR = $1000.00 entry level

Do you want remote viewing? not at entry level pricing.

How long do you want to store video.

Do you want to use this in court for shoplifters. Who is goning to be in court to say that is authentic unedited video?

What do you recommend to your customers a package that says oil no name or name brand, a package that says air cleaner or name brand, you get the idea.

The bottem line is you get what you pay for.

Name brand parts or cheap knockoffs clones.

I am not looking for something crazy just monitoring to make sure the employees are doing what they are suppose to.

Sir these are not not crazy prices. You ask for advise from people that do this for a living and see people like you everyday that has spent money on a cheap budget system or bought from a fly by night person.

SO GOTO TO SAMS OR COSTCO AND BUY THE $1000.00 SYSTEM. THEN GO SPEND MORE WHEN YOU ARE NOT HAPPY.

I am not looking for something crazy just monitoring to make sure the employees are doing what they are suppose to.

I love people like this, first they buy the cr@p system then when the sh t hits the fan and police need to see what happend and they can't make out the person standing 10 feet away, then they say that they spent alot of money on this system and can't understand why it doesn't work... Gotta love it.

Had a guy call me for service on his 24 camera system, when to his facility and found this eyemax system put in for $8000.00 I know i couldn't believe it... Till he showed me the receipt from a computer store next town over....well we are on $4000.00 for repairs. Cameras taped together used cameras, Fake windows OS, and more.. Ok end of rant