J. Wright

Geo 800 8 cam to 16?

I have been lurking about this forum for a while, and decided I needed help with my system. I have a gv-800/8, can this be converted to display 16 cameras, or do I need to purchase an entire new card? If it can be converted, does anyone know how to go about doing that? Any info greatly appreciated.

Jim

I have been lurking about this forum for a while, and decided I needed help with my system. I have a gv-800/8, can this be converted to display 16 cameras, or do I need to purchase an entire new card? If it can be converted, does anyone know how to go about doing that? Any info greatly appreciated.

Jim

Dear Jim,

In this case you can contact your seller to change your board for a 16 Channel one.

You dont have the possibility to put another in the same PC.

Regards

I would check that with geovision, as version 8.3 allows the use of two cards.

This note is in the geovision 8.3 feature guide.

It also has more details of what is allowed, and requirements etc.

Note: Besides GV-250 and GV-800_4A Cards, all GV video capture cards support two

cards.

Minimum system requirements apply, but it is possible to have more than one card. Check with Geovision first to make sure you have compatible equipment etc.

Wow. That is good news, how ever I just built another box to put my other GV 800 in. Humm???? ebay the box and buy the right Geovision card or V2 them together....Thanks for the help.

Jim