oobadooba

Everfocus EDSR1600: "SYSTEM LOADING" problem

My employer just upgraded their system and I scored, among other stuff, an

Everfocus EDSR1600, w/two Maxtor 300 gb hdds. I connected a monitor, plugged it in and get some noise and a green light from the hardrive in bay 1, an LED readout says "SYSTEM LOADING". The screen shows a grid with those same words at the bottom. After several minutes the noise stops, the light goes to red and the messages remain. I swap the hard drive bays and get the same result, except the actions in bay 2.

As this is my first DVR, I'm almost totally ignorant. I'm sure if I can get it to work I'll have many more questions concerning LANs, remote viewing and such. But for now, I'd just like to get it to work.

...Anybody...?...Anybody...?

Please and thank you for any assistance given.

I

Ooba

Take out one of the hard drives, and try each one, individually, in Bay 1. I'm guessing one of the drives is bad which will cause it to hang on the System Loading message. One of them should let the system fully boot, the other won't. That one will be the bad drive. If you want to replace it, that's fine, as long as both drives you put in the system are the same size

Take out one of the hard drives, and try each one, individually, in Bay 1. I'm guessing one of the drives is bad which will cause it to hang on the System Loading message. One of them should let the system fully boot, the other won't. That one will be the bad drive. If you want to replace it, that's fine, as long as both drives you put in the system are the same size

Sir Flannel,

Thank you, Sir. Your suggestion worked. One HDD works. One doesn't work. I can work with that. I had swapped the hard drives but never did try 'em one at a time.. Again, I thank you, Sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Oobadooba

"Who was that wrapped man...?"