mjbanderson

No video...(sigh)

I can control the DVR from my computer in network(play, pause, etc.), but no video shows up on remote viewer on the computer. Is there a setting that I missed/messed up?

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

-Mike

what dvr?

sometimes the video hardware acceleration needs to be reduced.........

in windows desktop, right click, properties, settings, advanced, troubleshoot.........

just back it off 1 adjustment at a time until it works.if it does not help reset to original

Can someone explain how to use IE to view the DVR? From what I have read from a lot of users on this site that is what they use. Maybe this will be easier. Or maybe not!

When I put the address to the DVR in, it says unable to connect. So using the Diagnos Connection Problem, it says no problems with H T T P or H T T P S connection, but could not connect to F T P. Not knowing exactly what that is, is that the problem? Maybe just part of it?

Growing frustrated

-Mike

I do not know what issue you are having, and I am not familiar with that model of DVR.

I am guessing that you may have an active X issue.

Normally when connecting with a DVR it may need an Active X. You will see this prompt at the top of you screen. You would click on the yellow bar, and then a run program prompt would appear.

We will need to find someone that knows that DVR to confirm this.

If you can control the DVR then it does not sound like you have a port forward issue.

The DVR is Speco Tech DVR-X4/IP

Software DvrRemoteViewer

I tried changing the video hardware acceleration settings, but no change.

Speco Tech

Contact our Technical Support Group: techsupport@specotech.com

Call toll free: 1-800-645-5516 option #3 or 631-957-8700 option #3

Could be missing a codec on the machine with the remote viewer, or a necessary ActiveX component, or there could be a necessary port or ports blocked by a firewall. Just for starters