Hello everyone, i am new to the forum. I have been impressed with the knowledge on this board. Hopefully someone can help me. I have a PC-based card installed and running. for some reason, live view is choppy. i understand that a hardware compression card (i think that's what they are called) shouldn't have this problem. are all cards that aren't hardware compression going to lag no matter what? also, at 720x480, there is major interlacing going on. is that normal? at 360x240, interlacing is not as much of a problem, but i don't know if i am satisfied with that setting.

Thanks

Brand - Everfocus

Model - VJ120

software - 3.1.1.2

Really!

I had no idea Everfocus had PC Capture cards.

I've never seen or heard of any, maybe someone else on this forum might be able to lend a helping hand.

Sorry.

i am sorry, it's not an everfocus (must have sniffed too much insulation). it is a video-insight card. i was looking at an everfocus when i type this.

What video card are ou using?

I just did some testing with a Hikvision Hardware compression card, in a system using the onboard 64mb Graphics Card and it is doing the same thing you mention it even displays horizontal lines while using a PTZ.

I then installed a ATI Radeon X1050 256mb card and it functions properly.

You may want to check on this.

Before you do this check the Live Refresh Rate under the Live View Tab in the Video Server Configuration, and I will assume you know the difference between 5 & 30 FPS.

Post you results.

this is an internal hard drive. i have a 512mb video card (NVIDIA geforce 6200). not only is my live view interlacing, but my recorded view is also. I called video-insight and they said this was normal unless i used their hardware compression card. i just can't understand why anyone would want to use this instead of a standalone DVR that cost the same as the card alone. Video-insight's software is really amazing. i am trying everything to find a fix. any more suggestions?