SNG

Any official GeoVision dealers in Singapore ???

Emailed a few days ago GeoVision in Taiwan to obtain more information who is the authorized dealer in Singapore. These days with all the OEM products on the market and internet, I want to know for sure that I deal with an official dealer and products. The reply what I got back, shocked me! They asked so much details about my company, like my capital and payment method by credit card, that I expected to be scammed by GeoVision itself! That only to check who are the authorized dealers? Emailed also other DVR companies and they replied me very quick a list with their authorized dealers in south-east Asia. So why GeoVision not...

I emailed them back that I can not provide to much details about my company, nature of our business, and with a request to give me simply the contact details of their dealers in Singapore. If the dealer in Singapore is safe and reliable (after a small background check of course) we love to do business with them. And of course, still no address as reply but that my contact details are safe... yeh right, that is what each scam artist in Nigeria also email me each week together with 35 million...

After 4 times emailed them to ask for one stupid contact.... still no answer... Why are they doing so secret about who is an authorized dealer? What they have to hide? Are they real? Do they want to sell their products???? Think is time to check other cards as Kodicom or AverMedia...

In Singapore we have Sim Lim Square, a big shopping mall full with small electronic shops. A real paradise for men toys... Only be carefull with some shops, they try to sell you old CMOS pinhole camera's for 150 US dollars... Or they sell cheap OEM cards from China with labels of the real product and they pretend to be the official dealer or sole distributor and go so on. For that reason I even more careful then anyone else....

Sadly that GeoVision in Taiwan not want to help me to buy a REAL GeoVision... think is time to buy then a cheap copy!!! Have at least try it to buy a real one.... Or does anyone know an official dealer in Singapore for GeoVision... think they will be happy know what happened!

And the story goes on with Geovision. I still don’t see the point why they can't provide me any details who are the official distributor or authorized dealers in Singapore. What is so secret about it? And how can I harm them if I know who they are????? Same would if I ask Sony who are their authorized dealers and they ask you first who you are, how much money you make, credit cards and why you need it !?! I can understand why they want to protect their products to be copied but this is far too much. If I really wanted copy their card, then I simply just buy one from the internet from a recognized dealer... without contacting them ever! Can even use any official company to buy one directly from them... so easy it is! There are other methods to fight against Chinese copy cats instead of treating each customer as a potentiality pirate!!!

In the latest email they surprised me again... they ACCUSSED the other manufacturers to copy their products and '' treating GeoVision as their major competitor ''. Come on, we speak about companies as AverMedia, Kodicom and NUUO.... Geovision also said that they have '' received 10 fake inquiry from their factories ''.

If you google around and compare them, Geovisions revenue is good for $31 million, AverMedia $127 million. AverMedia has 1137 employees and Geovision only 230. AverMedia is number 16 in the world, Geovision 31... AverMedia has no manpower and money to develop their own unique products.... hahahaha

No Geovision for me... have totally lost my interest and trust... if this is the way to treat people then I will choose an another brand... as an end-user/installer I want some service and respect and not to be treated as an ordinairy criminal!!![/i]