My pc specification

Intel Original Desktop Board

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHZ

Dlink Network Card / ArtNet Network Card

256MB DDR

ATI Radeon Display Card

120 GB HDD

Windows XP Professional

When i plug the network cable to network card. After a while, these is error message that something wrong with RPC and the system will be restart after xx seconds.........

Ok i find out the solution, there is bug for msn messanger and cause that problem even after i format and format the system again.........Just update the windows ......TQ !

CLick start, Run, services.msc, scroll down to Remote Proceedure Call (RPC), double click it, click the recovery tab and change from restart the computer to take no action, not sure how safe it is to turn it off though. We used to get a similar problem with "lsass.exe is shutting down your pc" after couple months, we found out it was the sasser bug!

Honestly for any mission critical app I would move the firewall one layer away from the server. Generally the cheapest firewall would be an old scrap box that's running NetBSD or Linux. But if that's not an option I would look at Zone Alarm.

Under no circumstances would I depend on the following firewalls:

Black ICE

Windows Firewall

Norton Firewall.

i did a probe test on all my ports at GRC.com and with windows firewall on no exceptions, they are all locked.

My problems with the windows firewall are these:

1. Automatic support for UPnP is on by default.

2. MS's track record for security. I have to be able to trust a company that sells me my security products. You wouldn't trust a rep that lied to you for your cameras. Same feeling for me.

3. No control over out going packets.

To be honest I don't know of any massive exploits for the firewall, but given MS's track record with it (lieing about exploits that they finally fixed in SP2) I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

yep .. i turn off UPnP though along with a bunch of other services ...but yeah i get yah on that ..

I dont trust my cable company more than them though .. but its all i got ..