Biglinus

HI All, I´m newby and have a hard problem

HI Brothers, I work with kodicom boards, and have some factorys with this dvr´s installed in.

My hard problem it´s I needed to recover some files (.bix and .box) deleted from the hd installed to backup.

I try with "getdataback" and some recover files soft´s to get the deleted files, not by accident , the program DVRNET delte it by time.

Did you know how to achieve it?

thanks in advance

Paul

I'm not going to give you a suggestion as to what to do but I will give you this word of caution:

The recovery of lost, damaged, or corrupted files from a hard drive (be it the one in your dvr's or in your computer) is a touchy job at best even with the right equipment. The chance that you may make that hd inoperable simply by hooking it up to the right equipment is one that should make you proceed with caution.

I'd first ensure all images that haven't been lost are backed up prior to even thinking about retreiving those that are no longer available for easy access. I'd then be sure that it'd be worth it to possibly loss the use of that hard drive for the small chance to recover the images you need.

I'd suggest doing a TON of research prior to your attempting this and I'd stear clear of websites that are specifically SEO'd for this. Yes, SEO is important for a site to be found, but the site your referencing has keywords in its source that are no where on its main page at all which means SEO is more important to them than the product they are peddling.

Am I saying this is bad software? No, I've never looked into them prior to coming to this thread. It's possible that the webmaster for this site just doesn't have the time to ensure their website is up to date but this does present a question as to what is important to them when the blog on that website is up to date and their main page says it was updated may 22 of this year. Is thier 6/10 page rank with google more important to them or is ensure your taken care of more important?

What I'm saying is.....TONS OF RESEARCH! Not just a couple of google searches. Your information is priceless to you. I'd suggest check a site like pcworld dot com or something similar so that you can see hundreds of user reviews about a particular program and not just hand picked reviews. Ironically even pcworld dot com doesn't have as high a page rank as getdataback, they do have a 5/10 however and don't use keywords on thier main page. Those are the sites that you wanna check out, not highly optimized marketing sites.

I would not worry to much about google page rank, these days it seems nothing more than a tool google uses to frighten webmasters into not selling text links, hence less competition for advertisments, hence more money for google whose main business is not search, its selling advertising.