billm

PC Monitor as Input to DVR Card

I have multiple PCs each with multiple monitors. I'm trying to figure out a way to input the video that's on each screen into a DVR card, in this case an I-View card. The intent is to remotely view all screens with a good clear image.

Non of the monitors have a video out source so I'm lost. My only thought now is to use a VGA Y cable to give me a 2nd video out and find or make a cable to connect the VGA 15pin to a BNC connector for input to my card.

Any suggestions? If the above is correct, any idea where I could get the pin outs to do this for both VGA and DVI?

Thanks

I have multiple PCs each with multiple monitors. I'm trying to figure out a way to input the video that's on each screen into a DVR card, in this case an I-View card. The intent is to remotely view all screens with a good clear image.

Point a camera at each monitor?

Non of the monitors have a video out source so I'm lost. My only thought now is to use a VGA Y cable to give me a 2nd video out and find or make a cable to connect the VGA 15pin to a BNC connector for input to my card.

Any suggestions? If the above is correct, any idea where I could get the pin outs to do this for both VGA and DVI?

Thanks

www.pinouts.ru for all your pinout-wiring needs

The best solution in this case would be simply use DVRs (or DVR software, if applicable) with a client that allows connection to multiple servers. An excellent example of this would be Vigil DVRs, whose client can connect to and display multiple servers on the same screen, and even allows you to create "groups" of cameras from different servers to display together at a single click.

It should also work with any DVR that allows web-based viewing - just open a separate browser window for each system you want to monitor, then resize them all to fit on the screen together.

Probably not the solution you're looking for, but you could always install software on the computers themselves... like Spector CNE