hcesurveillance

Installation problem

Hi,

I have installed a 9ch stand alone dvr with some outdoor ir bullet cameras in a 65" LCD Panasonic Viera TV. And it looks pretty bad! i think the tv is my problem cause i connect it to a tube tv and it looks perfect! i conect it to another lcd tv sony and it looks bad again! Do anyone have any idea on what to do?

Thanks

change the aspect & resolution to a standard format......

can you tell me how to do it? cause i have been going around the menu and i dont find anything! aspect? resolution in rca 480i and i can't change it!

you should be connected into your RCA video input on the LCD then you can change the source input to the LCD via the remote to the video input.

setting the aspect & resolution is done via remote.but, if you switch to the video input it should goto a standard resolution.

How are you connected?

you should be connected into your RCA video input on the LCD then you can change the source input to the LCD via the remote to the video input.

setting the aspect & resolution is done via remote.but, if you switch to the video input it should goto a standard resolution.

How are you connected?

i am connected on video 2 threw a bnc to rca cable

have you tried the second video input?

is this from the camera directly or the DVR output?

that cable maybe bad/good. I conected on that was good & bad, depending on how it was hanging/stressed. try a new cable.......

it should work.........

have you tried the second video input?

is this from the camera directly or the DVR output?

that cable maybe bad/good. I conected on that was good & bad, depending on how it was hanging/stressed. try a new cable.......

it should work.........

You say it shouldn't be happening? image looks blurry but specially in moving objects. But in tube TV's works perfect! Recording made with HDTV LCD looks good when played back on a tube TV but not on the HDTV LCD TV.

I bought this DVR : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310132119193

480i is all you're going get using the standard video inputs. There won't be a resolution option, because you're limited by the NTSC video signal. Part of the problem you're experiencing is because most widescreen TVs "stretch" a standard-def picture to fill the full width of the screen. Another part is that most have poor upscaling in the first place - if this TV does 1080p, then it's taking what's essentially a 640x480 picture and stretching it to 1920x1080 resolution. It's also so huge and you're probably so close to it than any resizing artifacts and "jaggies" will be much more obvious.

One thing you can do that will help is, as mentioned, change the aspect ratio to 4:3 instead of 16:9. The option WILL be there in the TV's menus.

The only other thing that would improve it would be to use a component, VGA, DVI or HDMI feed, but from the look of the eBay listing, that unit doesn't have any of those outputs... so you're stuck with composite video at 480i.

The only other thing that would improve it would be to use a component, VGA, DVI or HDMI feed, but from the look of the eBay listing, that unit doesn't have any of those outputs

bnc to vga adapters http://www.nextag.com/bnc-to-vga-adapter/compare-html

bnc to dvi adapters http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI.htm

and if he absolutely "has to have" hdmi heres some dvi to hdmi adapters http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=61&gclid=CN-0utzViZsCFcxM5QodOGIdpQ though using a bnc to dvi adapter then a dvi to hdmi adapter would end up be "patch" work resulting in excess signal egress