64JTS

Outdoor Low Lux Camera Recommendation

First off, let me say this this forum is the most interesting and helpful reading through past topics. Hopefully you guys can assist me though my current security-system teething issues.

I am putting together a new outdoor security surveillance system for a new application. The plan is for a dawn-to dusk type camera image capture. Upon seeing the KT&C KPC-EX230HL1 that is advertised to function to .003 Lux, I ordered one. To make a long story short, it appears that there are some unscrupulous vendors out there selling the KPS-230HL (.05 lux) in place of the 'real' KPC-EX230HL1. Extra stickers over the box and over the factory sticker on the camera confirmed this.

Anyways, does anybody have any experiences with a 'real' KPC-Ex230HL1? Does it actually have a noticeable difference being able to capture images in low light applications?

Also, what other make and model cameras are out there that one could recommend for a b/w low lux security camera? Manually variable focus would be nice. Its been a couple years since I did a security system for the store and the huge amount of camera being sold on the web is somewhat overwhelming to filter though. Thanks Much. Jeremy