Sign in to follow this  
dvrtiger

Intellex

Hi,

I have a problem with one 3.1 unit. I got it into service shop with dead hard drive. I've replaced it and recovered the unit. I also had to replace VGA card with a new one, because it was somehow damaged during transportation of the unit. This unit works fine now, except one 'tiny' problem: it doesn't have live display! I don't have any live output from any of the cameras on my screen during live view mode, but when I start playback mode, I have recorded images from all cameras without any problems. So, it's recording functions work well.All Intellex functions for camera or display are set ok. I'm quite puzzled. New vga card is ati radeon 9200 with 128mb and with the latest drivers installed (the old one was ati radeon 7000, 32mb). I also have to mention that this unit came with non-standard motherboard, I think it was replaced by someone in the past. This motherboard is matsonic model.

If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have a problem with one 3.1 unit. I got it into service shop with dead hard drive. I've replaced it and recovered the unit.

I also had to replace VGA card with a new one, because it was somehow damaged during transportation of the unit.

Very unusual for video card to fail... Chances are very good that all you had to do was take it out of its PCI slot and re-insert... It is ok to change as long as you can provide it the correct Win2000 driver (we do it all the time).

This unit works fine now, except one 'tiny' problem: it doesn't have live display! I don't have any live output from any of the cameras on my screen during live view mode, but when I start playback mode, I have recorded images from all cameras without any problems.

Two possibilities here - There is a very good chance that the ribbon in the back that connects the backplane (with BNC connectors) the "spot" card on the other side, is damaged or better yet, loose from its connectors... The second possibility is that the spot card is damaged or the connector is bad. If this ribbon or its components are bad, then you will observe the problem that you are describing.

So, it's recording functions work well.All Intellex functions for camera or display are set ok. I'm quite puzzled. New vga card is ati radeon 9200 with 128mb and with the latest drivers installed (the old one was ati radeon 7000, 32mb). I also have to mention that this unit came with non-standard motherboard, I think it was replaced by someone in the past. This motherboard is matsonic model.

You can replace the mother with any other ATX version as long as you provide it all its necessary drivers... I do not think the problem is the motherboard, as you mention that you are able to view pre-recorded video.

If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

VGA card was physicaly damaged so I had to replace it.

I've also tried new ribbon cables, BNC camera panel, and new VACD card but without results.

There are three cards in the system... VACD main, the daughter board and the spot out board... can you check the connection on the spot out card?

Internally there are two ribbon cables.. make sure to insert them properly in their respective slots...

I've replaced the whole combination, all three cards, but with same results. American Dynamics support told me that they are quite puzzled as I am... If I knew where are the test points on the VACD card I could track down VGA signal to find out what's going on, but I don't have such info...