hendrickx

Ge StoreSafe II hard drive upgrades

Is this possible? I have several GE StoreSafe II units, all in various stages of in/out of warrenty. Most are 320 GB, some are 80 GB. Can I upgrade the drives in these? Anyone done so successfully? What do I need to know to do so?

Thanks!

You can upgrade your drives using regular ATA drives. You also can take these units up to 1TB internal storage using two 500GB drives. Just make sure that you assign the drives master and slave correctly.

Once done, head to GE website and download a utility that allows you to install via Ethernet only that picks up a slice of your master drive and installs files that are necessary for remote view..

Should be very simple process... and if you have any other questions, let me know.

Do you remember the name of the utility you mentioned? GE Support seemed to think flashing the drive using DVR Uploader would do the trick.

Are they right? I hate to question it, but I really don't want to get stuck part way through.

Also, SATA or PATA?

Thanks!

Do you remember the name of the utility you mentioned? GE Support seemed to think flashing the drive using DVR Uploader would do the trick.

Are they right? I hate to question it, but I really don't want to get stuck part way through.

Also, SATA or PATA?

Thanks!

They are correct.. It is called DVR Uploader... basically you will install this utility in your local computer... you will connect to this DVR with your LAN (you have to identify its IP address of course) and then hit "Run" button and it does its trick... The rest is done automatically...

We upgraded many of these series of DVRs and still do today... Use surveillance grade PATA (regular ATA drives), assign its Master and Slave configuration and then run this DVR Uploader.. The rest of the process is automatic...

One other suggestion... The original external power supply comes with 5.2A capability. Since you are changing the drives, the external power supply does have life expectancy of no more than three years or may be four at most... pick up 7.5A version. This power supply will handle the additional load that you will need adding these hard drives...

Any other questions, let me know.