scorpion

Is there a demand for a remote power off device via remote?

Is there a demand for a remote power off device via remote telephone, or cellphone?

I would have to order 300 units.

This device plugs in the the power socket, and a telephone line. It would retail for about $115.00 US.

You call via a telephone, and you can control the device.

You can reset routers, and computers, and other devices by remote.

There is also a device that can receive cellphone sms, and this can control the power device. This device would cost about $300.00 retail US.

Both together sound interesting, but I do not see any demand for it.

What do you all think?

I can think of several uses for either of those... unfortunately I don't know if I can justify it. But I'll run it past the powers that be, see if we might be interested in picking up a few.

Question about this SMS device, I assume it requires some sort of basic cell plan? Are they limited to one technology (GSM or CDMA)?

What would actually be more useful would be a networked version of this, something I could VNC or even just telnet into to give a reset command. Most places don't have a "spare" line available for dial-in access, and adding another phone line is a lot more cost-prohibitive in most cases than simply plugging into an existing network.

What would actually be more useful would be a networked version of this, something I could VNC or even just telnet into to give a reset command.

What u want exist

How do u like this twist

Unit can be controlled over TCP/IP network using generic Ethernet or Web browser without any software skill.

Each independent outlet can be switched ON, OFF or Booted (OFF- delay-ON).

can supply maximum up to 7A/250VAC or 10A/120VAC Power.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Main features of IP Power unit

1) Network Server reboot -- can remote control to reboot the power on for the PC or Server at remote site , no need send

someone to get the job done at the scene to save time and manpower.

2) Network AC Power Control -- can control and operate the High Power switch on / off via Internet / Ethernet, even the

Consumer Electronic 110V / 220 V Products .

3) Timer Power Switch -- can pre-set the time schedule to turn power on / off thru Internet / Ethernet.

4) SNMP - supports

Webpage ( http.) Command - allows end-user easily to modify into its own Webpage to command

i like the telco feature, everyone has a telephone, more reliable than internet. But i dont think there is much call for it, maybe sell one or two a week .. look to target security companies .. like alarm monitoring companines, installers, etc. Ive seen these before though, been around for years.