Hello everone.I have a pico2000 issue. I have the modem set up and ports forwared but how does a windows xp computer have to be configured to work..Heres what happened the original computer went down becouse of power supply so i set up another computer at home and took it to the remote location where i set up the new pc with everything the same setup as the computer that broke down. Well the new computer did not work for remote veiw i never touched the modem settings at all.. I turned off firewall and tried everything still no go.. so i fix old pc and take it back to the remote location and plug it all in and remote veiw works perfect on the original pc.

Why doesnt the new pico computer i set up the same way work with remote veiw is there something in windows that wasnt set up?? please help in case the old pc breaks down again ill have the back up ready..thanks

It seems something wrong with your IE security setting.

Go to the internet security setting, and set the "initialize and script Active X controls not marked as safe for scripting" to "Prompt"

on the "new" computer plug it in-set it up--from the dos command prompt type IPCONFIG and make note of the IP address--it might be different than your original pc. In your modem/router settings forward port 1999 to that IP address. Also, the "new" computer might have windows firewall as active and it could be blocking it--either turn off the windows firewall or open port 1999 to both tcp and udp traffic