DKtucson

Using generic drivers like BT878WDM or Phillispa SAA7170

Hello folks,

I have been tinkering with various cards with different levels of success.

For a brief recap I put together a dvr for a friend of mine that owns a gunshop--works great with the pico2000 it came with.

Now to more modern times:

The 1 chip cards that split the cams to 4 inputs--no problems with the BTwincap driver available from sourceforge. I can then use generic non-pirated software that's not proprietary.

The problem seems to be when I go to the nicer 4 chip cards--they will load image on the first camera and black outputs on the rest. I have also had the same thing happen with the Phillips saa7170 wdm driver. 1 camera works and black on the rest. If I use the proprietary drivers and the bootleg software they work but then have other issues like I don't care for the interface or the need for client software to view remotely etc.

One issue I had with the phillips drivers in a kodicom clone is that it loaded 4 capture drives and 4 tuner drivers (no tv on this card)

On the BTTV driver N800 clone is that it loaded 4 each of video and audio but had 1 audio input--just weird stuff.

Any input on my output? I see a previous post referencing a btinstall.dll file from argus fixing this...but no file link and no details