RedHorse

MegaPixel Ip Camera (TV OUT) Problem

Hi everyone, heres to problem.

On my geovision screen, I can see my Ip camera, but I cant see it on my tv.

Every non ip camera appear on that tv. Even if I plug that ip camera in port 6 for exemple (port that normally appear on the tv with a non ip camera), it doesnt work.

Thanks for your help

Have a great day!

Every non ip camera appear on that tv. Even if I plug that ip camera in port 6 for exemple (port that normally appear on the tv with a non ip camera), it doesnt work.

Thanks for your help

Have a great day!

Hi what camera make/model is it?

JD

Thanks for your help

Have a great day!

So you have a hybird DVR and you have a monitor out that will not display the Arecont camera? How is your TV hooked up to the geovision system.

Directly from the tv out connection on the geovision card, maybe theres and option to active on the geovision program?

Directly from the tv out connection on the geovision card, maybe theres and option to active on the geovision program?

I am not familiar with GeVision but I have a feeling that it isn't going to work.

The card would need to decode the IP cameras to send the video out via composite video. Analog cameras work fine becuase they aren't decoding the video just redirecting it.

Yea thats what I think too but I dont understand why the ip camera appear on the server screen (with the geovision program) and not on my tv out, im wondering if there is an option or a relay I have to buy if I want to display on my tvs

If your video card has a composite out up it will work becuase it is decoding the video. The DVR card encodes the video but will not decode it. Does you TV have a VGA or DVI input?

Thanks for your help

Have a great day!

This is normal - the "TV OUT" on your card doesn't show any processed video, it just takes the analog inputs and replays them out. It's like taking the analog output of the camera and sending it straight to the monitor.

There are three ways for this to work:

1. as 'thewireguys' suggests, if you have a multi-head video display card, run a second VGA cable to the TV using a VGA-to-composite adapter (or straight to a VGA input, if your TV supports it).

2. switch to a system like Video Insight or Vigil that uses a card with a software multiplexor (such as VI's VJ-series cards, or Vigil's XECAP-series cards), and you can split-screen your analog and IP cameras.

3. switch to an IP camera that has an auxiliary analog video output, like IQEye's Pro-line cameras.

Thanks for your help

Have a great day!

The same with Avermedia

IP Cam will not show up on TV (using video in)

only Non IP cams

U have to use VGA/DVI output to TV ( if u have input on TV)