THE/ACKSTER

ds2a front panel password reset help

hi all, i a have been searching this site as well as others for the answer that no one is telling. this is, is there a way of resetting the front panel password on the ds2a 16ch dvr's? i cannot access any menu and have tried the 613126 reset but it is dvtu board so this did not work. sending the machine to dedicated micros will cost more than the machine cost me, the alternative is to goto ebay where there are a couple of dealers that charge 100 for the service. i joined this forum to widen my knowledge on dvr's and also find solutions to the problems i have with dvr's if you can help it would be appreciated.

hi, there is no j5 on this board, the board does have the solder dots for soldering the jumper but there is not one on the board. is it possible to short the 2 solder points and then power up?

Hi all, i have found the front panel code by trial and error. basically i tried different combinations of codes and came up with a busy person with 16 cameras running would want a quick code to punch in so tried all the 1's then 2's then finally after 10 attempts it was 4 6's so accessed the menu and removed all passwords and now trying to set up the ip address etc. i have set the address close to my pc address but cannot access the dvr via the net. i will read up and see where i am going wrong, thanks to all for your help.

thanks so much for this thread the code you gave in the first post allowed me to remove the front panel password on my ds2 dvtrc model

sooo gratefull

I love this forum !!!!!!!