Sign in to follow this  
arun

Pls help with Instant Playback DVR

Hello there,

One of our customers requires a 480 fps 16 channel h.264 DVR with instant playback feature on the remote software. They are currently using Honeywell brand dvr's. This security manager sits with a 42 " display near his desk and logs in to the DVR's with remote viewer. He can see the live video in a 4x4 screen and he can just click on any live window to get instant playback for lets us say 1 minute or 30 seconds.

Now he has asked me to replace the 25 nos of Honeywell dvr's with new and they are 6 years old already. Guru's please help me to choose a DVR or DVR card to get this feature.

Thanks in Advance,

Exacq has the replay feature you are looking for, as well as being a hybrid DVR/NVR.

They are only MPEG4 on the recording, though, although with disk prices dropping as fast as they are, that may not be as much of a concern as before.

The remote viewer will also allow you to create view groups across different units, which is a nice feature.

I second the Exacq recommendation.... with there setup you will be able to add megapixel cameras in the future and you don't have to worry about software compatibility. They work with Windows, Linux, Mac.

I guess you are searching a REAL TIME DVR that comes with doublex or triplex, that you can record and playback at the same time. But, to be frank, the network transmission takes time, a real "instant" playback remotely is not that easy.

Thank you for the replies guys

I guess you are searching a REAL TIME DVR that comes with doublex or triplex, that you can record and playback at the same time. But, to be frank, the network transmission takes time, a real "instant" playback remotely is not that easy.

The DVR's are sitting in a different room. The instant replay is required for the security manager in his room. As i have mentioned before, his existing remote viewer software from Honeywell DVR has this feature. So the pressure is on me to provide a DVR with similar feature. The search is quite frustrating.

I am going throurgh the Exacq specs. I will give it a shot. Thanks once again guys.