jonaslieser

help needed installing LCD screens

Hi,

I ran into a problem I could not solve so far, so I thought I would ask. I'm currently working on a project where I have to upgrade an existing security control room equipped with CRT screens to all LCD screens.

The screens are not really a problem, it's more the mounting of the screens. I would like to have some kind of metal rack (I do not know how to call it otherwise) to hold the LCD screens.

Any ideas where I can get such a rack or what to look for, so I can find someone who sells such stuff?

How/where do these need to be mounted? Will they be on a wall, suspended from the ceiling, attached to desktops, floor-standing? Do you need to do a matrix or grid layout (two or three across, two down, for example), or have several in a row for multihead cards?

Lucasey makes a number of different mounts for LCDs and CRTs - http://www.lucasey.com/

I've used a number of different cheap wall mounts of varyingly complex designs and features, as well - stuff from Costco, liquidation stores, etc. And I've seen some really cool custom designs - LCD mount points should all conform to VESA spacing specs, so building something custom is usually pretty straightforward, if necessary.