rory

Iview with Pocket PC

Ok got this Card to work, very simple actually, with Pocket PC.

Speed wise I imagine the slow refresh is due to the WiFi and the Pocket PC refresh itself, being a small 250mhz CPU and small memory, but other than that, images are very very crisp.

This is a cool feature for sure. We even can view it from the other end of the island over the internet, basically anywhere we can get online wirelessly with the Ipaq, it just works.

This is definately yet another great feature from a PC card, I have yet to crash .... I will post a full "post mortom" in the next day or so.

(PS. I should also tell you, you can control your entire Home Entertainment Center/Home Theatre with this same Ipaq Pocket PC)

xtremePDALarge.jpg

for the original 2048x1356 Image, click below:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/images/xtremePDAXLarge.jpg

Edited by Guest

Very cool!

I may not have seen an ongoing Iview thread where this was discussed, but what are the specs of the PC you are running that card on?

Glad you asked.

This PC was not even made for the Iview. It was a PC that came with a lower end PC card, with less features. C7 you will know which one I mean.

It is a 2.3 GHZ CPU P4, Intel D865PERL MotherBoard, 512MB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200SE Video Card, IDE Hard Drive, nothing special.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rl/rl_drive.htm

It is actually a second hand machine that has been used for 2 years. It is a test machine. It runs great, though I think the hard drive is shot from no Voltage Regulator for 2 years at the previous location, but so far it is still recording. With the included program that is like PC anywhere, but only smaller, you have total control over the PC if you need to adjust Windows Settings, plus you can totally edit the DVR Card Settings.

The PDA part was so easy to install. I mean I never have even use a Pocket PC before this. My colleague has the Ipaq, even though he knew how to browse the web and check email, from other locations, as he did from clients wireless networks that were online, he didnt know how to set up other programs, as it was new to him also.

So we just used the USB cable with the Ipaq, ran the PDA Installer off the Iview CD, and that did the rest. It only took setting up the address book, with an IP, user and pass, then connect. Simple as 123 ...

Rory

This software you are using, PDAVIEWPRO is for windows mobile only or available for PalmOS also ?

(currently I'm in the market for PC based DVR system, and posibility to view/control it from my PDA (Palm T3) woulde be a great bonus.

This one in Particular is for Windows Pocket PC. Im not sure if they support Palm. You could PM Hermin and he may be able to answer that.

Rory

Man, I distribute the Iview, and I WISH that the PALM software was out already, they are in BETA testing right now, I'm expecting them, knowing how the industry works, to come out in APRIL, during the ISC show.

That looks great on the pocket PC!

So far everything about I-view has been easy for me ... setup, remote view, etc. - NOT 1 REBOOT - 24hour continous recording on all 6 cams - already filled 200gig drive (took about 3.5 weeks) - it just keeps going & going - uptime is a little over a month (think it went online Feb. 17th or so???)

However, I did tweak the @@$@!@ out of XP after installing a custom 'gutted' version - always nice to start with a BLANK desktop

But It seems the hardware & software would be stable in any case, only thing I really have compared to so far is Diginet.

who makes DigiNet? I think I may have inherited that card from someone, is it an Eylssa Card?

Yeah the pocket PC is a seller man, we showed some clients today and they were astonished. It is slow video, but, very high quality, even on the smallest video quality setting on the Pocket PC. It does the job ...what more from a 250Mhz CPU right..

Rory

First off, thanks for ALL of your informative posts and sharing!! I think I have read every single one of them ... Love to see those pic's you post from paradise - god I love to see those palm trees and ocean views!

Before I purchased an I-view card from Herm, I slothed around on Ebay and found a 240fps - 8channel DVR card ... I have only been able to find a few others like it, but so far- I am pretty sure it is a knockoff Kodicom card ... the "Thing" is blue board in color with pretty off-white heat sinks on top of each (8 of them) video chip on the board - "It" lights up like a Christmas tree with LEDs on the board red&green... it came with the Kodicom Diginet software - no manual, generic CDR with no label.

You can see a pic of it on Ebay -Item#5746055069.

Darn, hey if you have no need for it send it on down

I like to mess with this stuff. ... ill tell you who makes the card at least ..

Software resembles the DigiFlower card software from another OEM i have used just yesterday

If so it really isnt a bad card. But $197 is way way way below any sales price on that speed card .. so more than likely it is a knock off, or they just really over ordered or OEMed the Card themselves, wrote their own software, and then maybe, the software just doesnt do a whole lot??

The cards themselves from Taiwan and China dont cost much at all, heck probably can buy them in bulk for like $10 each, but the cost is in the Software, as thats what makes a PC DVR work ..

But its not an Iview card thats for sure ...regardless of software.

Rory